Are you ready for a fresh start for your computer, have new software to install, or need to upgrade it to the newest version of windows?
Software updates are a way for software developers to fine-tune a product to make it the best it can be. They offer small, frequent improvements rather than major changes. Unlike a software upgrade, updates need the existing software program you’re using to work. Updates sometimes run automatically in the background. Other times, software updates (commonly referred to as ‘patches’) come in the form of a free download. They’re usually necessary for your product to continue running successfully. A software upgrade is a bit different. Instead of building on your existing program, a software upgrade is a new version of the software product entirely. It’s a bit like buying a new bike the same make as your old one, but with flashy new enhancements already added. And it comes with a host of new functionality that makes it a superior bike to your old one.*
Services we provide:
At times those upgrades or new installs can be challenging or create issues with your system.
- review the software requirements against your system for compatibility issues.
- install new or updated software.
- test updated or new software to ensure the overall system is working correctly.
- suggest alternatives when necessary to solve any conflicts with compatibilities.
- rollback updates that may create issues with current operating systems or other necessary programs.
Need our help?
Stop by the shop or give us a call to schedule an appointment!